The Schöffel Salar is the ultimate fly fishing jacket, designed to perform in the toughest conditions. Described by Gary Champion, a vastly experienced guide and fly-casting instructor as the best wading jacket he’s worn for comfort, protection, and accessibility of pockets in 45 years of fly fishing. Featuring a GORE-TEX® 3-layer laminate with a ripstop for durability and tear-resistance, the ultra-tough face fabric is a 100% nylon with a polyester inner. With a hydrostatic head of 28,000mm and an excellent breathability rating, this jacket will keep you dry and comfortable in even the most torrential conditions. Pair with our Schöffel Technical Crew and Annan Technical ¼ Zip, for those chilly days on the water, when layering is vital.
The three-point adjustable packaway storm hood with peak is designed to keep you dry in driving rain and strong winds. Two large top-access chest pockets offer ample storage for fly boxes and essentials, and the elasticated gussets ensure that when you bend down your items are safely contained in the pocket and will not fall into the water. Internal zip pockets offer additional storage for smaller items, along with larger side-access pockets for leaders, shooting heads and other essentials. Side-access fleece-backed hand pockets with drainage holes offer comfort and/or further storage. An internal clear-faced pocket for mobile phone storage allows you to check your phone with wet hands.
On the front are a D-ring and Hypalon port for tool or utensil attachment, as well as a Velcro fly patch pad. At the rear is a reinforced D ring for your net. Small finishing touches give this jacket the Schöffel edge, such as a sunglasses cleaner on an elasticated lanyard, fully adjustable watertight cuffs, an elasticated drawcord at the bottom hem, along with wading belt loops. Technically brilliant and a true master in its field, the Salar is a superb choice for the truly discerning fly fisherman.
- Water column: >28,000mm
- Breathability: RET <9 PA m2/W
- Three-point adjustable packaway storm hood with peak
- Two large top-access chest pockets with elasticated gussets
- Internal zip pockets for smaller items
- D-ring for tool/utensil attachment
- Hypalon port for zinger attachment
- Two zippered microfleece fleece-backed side-access hand-warming pockets with drainage holes
- Two easy-access zippered side storage pockets
- Sunglasses cleaner on lanyard
- Internal zippered pocket featuring a clear face for mobile phone storage
- YKK® water-resistant zippers
- Fully adjustable watertight cuffs
- Large rear game pocket
- Elasticated drawcord at bottom hem with dual adjustment
- Reinforced net D-ring at rear
- Velcro fly patch pad
- Wading belt loops
- Gore-Tex 3L laminate with ripstop
- 100% Nylon face fabric with a polyester inner